Endearingly popular, hardwood floors offer more than just exceptional appearance, warmth and elegant atmosphere. As the type of flooring most preferred by home buyers, hardwood usually delivers excellent value for your investment. Design versatility is ensured by a wide variety of finishing options, styles that include solid, engineered, oil finish and material ranging from Traditional Oak, Maple, Walnut and Birch to Exotic woods such as Teak and Brazilian Cherry. As a natural substance, hardwood also appeals to the environmentally conscious.
Traditional hardwood flooring can be solid or engineered (comprised of multiple layers). Not to be mistaken with laminate flooring, engineered hardwood flooring contains actual wood on all layers instead of a just a thin coating on the top of the board. As such, the best engineered hardwood can be sanded and refinished like solid hardwood at a later time to rejuvenate a room and extend the already long life of your floor.
Designed to reflect the latest trends in home furnishings and cabintery, Mannington hardwood floors offer beauty, durability, and performance. And our floors are crafted with care to ensure that you get a floor you'll love for many years to come.
Elegance engineered for superior performance.
Engineered Hardwood flooring is real hardwood -- the word “engineered” just refers to the way in which it’s made. And there are many benefits to choosing an engineered product over a solid product.
Here are the facts:
- Engineered hardwoods are made of several layers, or ‘plies’ that are glued together in a cross-grain construction. This type of construction is far stronger than a single piece of solid wood; and it’s also more structurally sound – it won’t buckle, gap, cup or twist.
- Engineered hardwoods can be installed below grade and direct to concrete - solid wood floors can not.
- The top face is crafted from the finest Northern veneers (which is just an industry term for ‘top layer’) that provide the most uniform colour and the most resistance to seasonal expansion
From an enivronmental responsibility standpoint:
- These floors use half as many trees as solid wood floors
- Faster growing, renewable wood used for inner plies
- Mannington’s wood facility reuses its mill waste for energy
- Mannington uses only water-based finishes that contain no VOCs
- Mannington uses a formaldehyde free adhesive system that meets or beats the most stringent indoor air quality standards.
Preverco gives you a range of options for simplifying your project. In the planning stages, we can help make sure your decor is inspired by your vision.
Every year we take new, innovative approaches to meeting the needs of tomorrow. Our collections are constantly evolving, offering you the latest inspired wood products.
Confident that its hardwood floors are in a league of their own, Preverco does not hesitate to provide them with exceptional protection: a 35-year warranty on all residential flooring covered with the Sigma™ finish
All Preverco products are designed and manufactured in Canada
Anything worth doing is worth doing well. At Preverco, we apply this to every stage of hardwood floor production. No matter which product you choose, it will make your decor inspired: from the look and texture to manufacturing, nothing is left to chance.